Monday, May 21, 2007

The List

Mark and I had an adventure in not-so-fine-dining yesterday after a spontaneous decision to go for a late lunch.

2:38 arrived at restaurant
2:44 seated
2:52 drink order taken
2:57 wrong drinks arrive
3:05 order placed-we both ordered the personal pizza package (salad, small pizza, chocolate
mousse).
informed menu is actually wrong.
placed appetizer order
3:22 salads show up - no forks
3:30 no appetizer or lunch yet
3:35 after asking if we could have more salad, we received the family size salad bowl
with a pair of tongs no plates.
3:45 " it'll just be few more minutes guys, your first pizzas were burnt"
3:50 food shows up. (my pizza was really, very good)
3:52 two new plates of salad that we didn't order are placed at the table along with the following
comment, " I guess they really want to fill you two up!!" (At this point we asked to cancel
our non-existent appetizer.)
4:00 to maintain consistency, our server asked if we would like to order dessert or "sumpin".
(refer back to 3:05 when dessert was actually ordered)
4:20 when asked if we could use the 5$ coupons we received for the experience so far, it was
unclear - "I don't think we can because the coupons take 24hrs to go into the system."


Thus, Mark and I have started a list. We went to Wal-Mart and bought a whiteboard for the fridge and started the "Things That Are Dead To Us" list.

Sorry East Side Mario's. You are right at the top.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I so agree with your list!
Wouldn't the girls on Bronx Beat have a hayday with that on.

p.s. I giggle a little everything I think of Cara & I at the table saying... "What are you, Chippewaa? What are you Soiux? Ya Souix? You got Souix in you? What are you Mohican? Mohaican."