Thursday, September 13, 2007

Under the Ligurian sun

As we left Germany yesterday, I was sad to leave our new friends. We had been staying with Heidi, Bernd, Alexandra, Andreas and Jannis. These are some of the nicest people you will ever have the pleasure to meet. I was also sad to see that even almost halfway around the world, a problem such as graffiti is as common here and in Germany as it is at home.

Such outrageous words such as "HOMEWORK", "MUSTARD", and "SMILE" were spray painted across the walls of a playground in Germany and my personal Italian favorite, "LIVE THE DREAM!!". I guess problems are the same everywhere.






We arrived in Pisa last night and are now in Cinque Terra. The little bit of Italian I've learned has come in handy. We toured the leaning tower of Pisa and they aren't kidding-it really does lean. We went into the Cathedral behind the tower and I had forgotten that here, if you are entering a church, it is respectful to cover your shoulders. (I was wearing a sleeveless shirt) They have disposable "gowns" for women to wear and there are pictures of me looking like an escaped mental patient. Classy.

I should go now, it's getting late and I've haven't visited the other gelato store yet!!

Ciao!

No comments: