Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Euro"peeing" bathroom tour of 2007

ACHTUNG!! This blog entry is rated P.G. 13





I have seen some of the most amazing things over the last 6 days that I have been here....streets that are too small for 1 car but there are 30 on them, no speed limit, cathedrals that have taken 600 years to complete, but nothing compares to what I happened across yesterday afternoon.



As we sat down in a well known pub in Köln, I decided that I should use the washroom before the hour long train ride home (my mother always said - you should have gone before you left). What happened in that particular bathroom on that particular day needs to be shared. First I am shown to an empty stall by a lovely woman who enjoys her job way too much for someone who works in a pub bathroom, then I sit down to do what I came to do. As I stand up (my pants weren't even done up yet), a small square come out from the back of the wall behind the toilet and as the seat SPINS AROUND, it sprays, SANITIZES, and wipes the seat clean!!!!



The lady in the bathroom spoke no English, but didn't have to to know exactly how I felt about what I had just saw. Then I had to, of course, wash my hands. The hand dryer was made by Dyson, which as most of you know, makes the ultimate vacuum cleaner. They broke all the rules for making hand dryers. It looks like a large "U" and once you put your hands in, it sounds like a jet engine but works in about 8 seconds with not a drop of water left over!!

It was worth the train fare just for that experience. Don't even get me started on the toilet paper here. Let's just say that we had suitcase full of gifts coming over and I'm loading it up before I come home!!!



Tomorrow, we shall check out the bathrooms of Italy!!!

talk to you soon!!


2 comments:

Deane said...

Just think of the experience you would have missed had I not enforced that habit!!!!
Mom

Dawn said...

that's awesome!
can't wait to see the scrapbook pages of that!