Monday, June 25, 2007

The Letter(s)

Dear XXXXXX
I would like to appologize for my behavior on May 29, 2007 that led to you "having" to call my wife. What I did was irresponsible, juvenile and did not show you the respect you deserve.
When I am at work I am paid to perform certain duties and should do so in a mature, prompt fashion. Not in the fashion that I did on May 29th, 2007.
I still have not been able to watch television, play Playstation, use the Internet or even go looking at bikes.
I hope that this letter shows you that I am truly sorry for the disrespect that I showed you, and I will endeavor to perform to the best of my abilities in the future.
Sincerely yours,
Mark.

P.S. you are a poophead.


Dear Cara:
I am sorry that you were taken away from your work on May 29th, to have to deal with a phone call from my supervisor in regards to my lack of work ethic, and my poor behaviour at work.
I am sorry for this.
While I am at it there are some other things I should clear the air about
1) I am sorry I shrunk some of your clothes in the dryer.
2) I am sorry I don't always pass along phone messages.
3) I am sorry I drank all the milk and just put water in the jug.
4) I am sorry that while you are sleeping, I make faces at you.
5) I am sorry that I got you to sign a form to have our last name legally changed to "Awesome" without you knowing.
6) I am sorry that I used your good scrapbooking scissors to cut popcans open when i had a really good idea for Christmas tree decorations. (It didn't work as well as I thought)
7) I am sorry that while you are at work I let stray dogs into the apartment and dress them up in your clothes.
So really when you think about it, getting a phone call from my work is not that bad. I will try not to let it happen again, but lets keep things in perspective.
Sincerely yours
Mark Awesome

p.s. you are not a poophead.

5 comments:

kribss said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kribss said...

love your blog~ its the funniest one ever. you guys have the best sense of humor :o) (sorry for deleting my last comment, i didnt like it)

Dawn said...

the only think harder than raising a child is raising someone else's child, and I think you're making good progress here, Cara.

Keep this letter in his box of momentos for when he's grown with his own kids.

he's a poophead.

Cheryl said...

I agree with Dawn, Cara. You just have to make the punishment fit the crime and you are doing a stellar job of following through.
I know sometimes it might not feel like it, but one day you will reap the rewards of being consistant.

Good luck.

Cara said...

Thanks guys, I'm tired but stickin' with it. And doing laundry, lots and lots of laundry.