Wednesday, March 21, 2007

il dolce far niente, the sweetness of doing nothing

As I sign my husband and I up for Italian lessons I can't help but picture how it's going to go...
I know that I cannot speak a foreign language, Mark does not. I see a lot of hand movements re-runs of The Sopranos and watching of the Godfather-all three parts. This is where he and I are different. He literally throws himself into the situation and could easily pass for, not necessarily a local, but definitely someone who's been there awhile. This is something I envy and love about him. I, on the other hand, prefer to sit back and enjoy the differences between where I'm from and where I am. Either way this is an anticipated vacation (can you tell?) which will be enjoyed. In the meantime, however, I have asked him to no longer refer to me as his wife but as his consigliere.
Ciao!

No comments: